Wednesday, February 10, 2010

BeltLine picks lead design team

The BeltLine has picked a great lead design team.  Perkins + Will has some fantastic folks, and James Corner Field Operations was in charge of NYC's High Line (right), a model urban adaptive reuse parkspace.  I know a few folks over at P+W, both personally and by reputation, and I hear nothing but great things.

Most importantly, for those of us frustrated with the pace of the project:
Project officials say the firms’ work will help make the endeavor more competitive for federal funding — which many say is vital should the Beltline become a reality much sooner than 2032, as Reed has said he’d like to see.
Fan-fucking-tastic.  Now if we can only speed up the transit component...

2 comments:

  1. One can only hope. I can't wait that long.
    P.S. Love the blog. I've been reading it for a while now, just thought I'd let you know you do awesome job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk the Beltline up here at the Harvard GSD whenever I get a chance. They should bring in Diller Scofidio + Renfro as well.. they had some of the critical design elements of the High Line. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.