Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I may be detained


Posting might be sporadic this week and next - I've entered the ULI Urban Design Competition this year, which started yesterday.  I'm working with some great folks over at Georgia Tech, and hopefully we'll do well.

You can see excerpts from my entry from last year if you want.  This year's site is an area in the East Village in downtown San Diego.  The general issue at hand is what the recession and new realities about development will mean for cities - especially cities that had been using the condo/real estate boom as a revitalization plan.  So I'm sure I'll have some commentary about how this all applies to Atlanta when it is all over.

2 comments:

  1. I just stayed a block from the East Village this weekend - I can give you anectdotal information if that will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your project - let us know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.