Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Google maps adds parcels

It appears that Google Maps has added parcel info to their display.  Apparently this is a result of Google switching to in-house map data from an outsourced data company.   This is lots of fun for real estate junkies such as myself...

Also, much apologies for the lack of posting.  School is quite a lot of work this semester (although I think I set the curve for my financial analysis class on the last test).  I'll try and have some posts about the upcoming elections, although I probably won't be "endorsing".  I will probably note who I will be voting for, however, along with reasons. 

5 comments:

  1. This might be the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed this for the first time, minutes before seeing your blog post about it. I wasn't sure how long I'd been missing the property lines, but it sure is fascinating and detailed! But right now the lines don't exist in Dekalb County (its plain to see if you look at Moreland Ave).

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an ongoing discussion among the mapping professionals about the newly-published parcel data in Google Maps -- what this data layer represents, what the data source is, etc. At this point there are many unknowns, but one thing is certain -- these are not "property lines." Property lines, or boundaries, represent where a piece of property ends and the next one begins. A certain degree of accuracy is required for property boundary delineations. The accuracy of the Google Maps parcels in undeclared. As such, they cannot be construed to represent anything, really, much less "property lines."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to hear who you're voting for. I'm still undecided!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.