- Atlanta is still in consideration for World Cup hosting duties. The US bid committee is narrowing down potential sites in case the US is awarded the 2018 or 2022 World Cup. Yay, footie! Also, how could they exclude Atlanta? Um, Olympics? I think we can handle a soccer game.
- The city council voted to award the Crum and Forster building landmark status.
- GDOT is including commuter rail in its request for federal bucks.
- Kasim Reed picked up some labor union support.
- Steve Brodie gets some endorsements from police unions and Stephanie Ramage
Friday, August 21, 2009
Some links to get you through Friday afternoon and to the weekend: