Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good reading for political junkies

I don't do a lot of posts where I just link to news stories - I have a big mouth and I'm opinionated, so I tend to write much longer posts than many other blogs. Some of it is me processing a story out loud - it helps me form an informed opinion if I have to dig in and come up with defensible reasons why I think one way or another. I think my traffic counts might be higher if I had more posts and less original content, but oh well.

Anyway, I was able to do a lot of posting last week because it was spring break. Spring break is over, and I'm busy with school, so I'll cop out and just link to this article on the mayoral race by Maynard Eaton at GONSO.
But what now appears to be a dicey duel between perceived frontrunners state Sen. Kasim Reed and Councilwoman Mary Norwood could soon evolve into a hotly contested Kentucky Derby-like horse race featuring a plethora of political thoroughbreds.

That, combined with the arrival of about 100,000 new Atlanta residents since 2000, says Georgia State University professor Harvey Newman, who has studied city politics, is "going to make for one of the most interesting races in a long time."

1 comment:

  1. I also write for GONSO and I want to thank you for linking to Maynard's article!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.