Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sketch Up dorkdom

Sorry for the lack of posts the last few weeks. Four group projects, a new puppy, other school work, as well as a few social commitments all took precedent to blogging. No real apologies for that, actually - actual life is far preferable to commenting about other people's lives!

Anyway, I thought I'd share some fun stuff I've been working on. I'm taking the Real Estate Development class at GSU this semester, and a big part of our grade is a development project case study - find a plot of land, draw up a plan, do the financials, etc. Part of my work for this project has been doing some (very) basic site plans and floor plans. I have found that Google's SketchUp is invaluable for doing this work as a layman. Also, there are tons of neat filters that you can mess with to make your work look neat. So I'm posting a few images of some unit plans I've been working on. It's nothing special, and I'm not an architect, but I just had a lot of fun doing it and playing with the filters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.