Friday, November 14, 2008

Assorted tidbits


I am still super busy with school, and I no longer have an ABC account, so I'm copping out on posting real news again: another picture of the puppydog. This is maybe a week or two old. He's about 11 lbs. now, maybe 12. He's about 3.5 months old.

Okay, well, one item that is sort of related to the purpose of this blog. I posted some stuff that I did with SketchUp for a class project the other day. This is an exterior rendering of sorts that I did for the same class. Mostly I was concerned with whether I could get enough rentable square footage on the site, and from there it wasn't that hard to go ahead and turn the building 3D and create an animation. Learning to do the roof was interesting, but totally worth it since with such a sketchy design it is the only thing that really conveys any sense of the architectural style of the Emory/N. Druid Hills area.

Again, I'm not an architect - this is just me messing around with SketchUp over the course of a week or two.



And, finally, I am trying to get more information about the Lease-Purchase deal with Fulton County that I mentioned Wednesday. If you read the comments, you'll see that there isn't really anything extraordinary with the deal, it is simply a development incentive that I was unaware of. I'm still trying to sort out how exactly it works, and I'll have a post on that when I can sort it out.

Much thanks to commenter Downtown for filling me in! One of the things I have discovered about blogging is that it is pretty hard to avoid showing your ass on occasion, and I like to think I have the decency to admit when I am either wrong or uninformed. This, obviously, is one of those occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.