Monday, October 13, 2008

J-U-R-Y, Jury Duty!!

I have jury duty today, unfortunately.  Last time I was on standby, called in the day before, and my group was excused.  This time, no such luck.  So I will be at the lovely Fulton County Courthouse at 8 AM.  

The silver lining - I should be able to hop across the street for some early voting for Obama.  

A few notes and links from over the weekend that I bookmarked:
  • Jacoby Development is no longer in the running for the GM Doraville redevelopment.  That leaves New Broad Street Cos., the Sembler Co., and Hines.  I am rooting for "not Sembler".

  • AJC article on the Atlanta police:
    More than one-third of recent Atlanta Police Academy graduates have been arrested or cited for a crime, according to a review of their job applications. The arrests ranged from minor offenses such as shoplifting to violent charges including assault. More than one-third of the officers had been rejected by other law enforcement agencies, and more than half of the recruits admitted using marijuana.
    I don't really know what else to say.  That war on drugs is really working well though!  Seriously, we need some mayoral candidates who come out with specific plans on reforming the APD.  

  • Michigan lost to Toledo.  Toledo.  I spent most of Saturday afternoon randomly shouting that word out in disbelief.  Toledo.  

    Oh, and UGA didn't cover by 1 point.  Thanks a lot, 'Dawgs.  Other "fun" moments in my college football weekend - rooting for Colorodo to score late against Kansas to beat a 14 point spread, but losing by 16; Ohio State scoring only 3 points in the second half against Purdue, when another touchdown would have covered the spread.  I hate you more every day, Tresselvest.  

    Rusty's NCAA picks have me caring about this silly stuff.  Seriously, why else would I care about Colorodo vs. Kansas?  I'd say it make things more fun, but it really just makes things more aggravating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.