Friday, September 19, 2008

Weekend plans

The Michigan football team has a bye this week, so I am taking the opportunity to get out of Dodge for the weekend. I'll be spending Saturday night at Panthertown Valley in western North Carolina, and plan on going to Granite City as well. These are two of my favorite places, and if the weather is nice we might go to a third, Tarzan Falls. I'll try and remember to take pictures.

I'm going up there with a few old buddies from youth camp, and reveling in the dirty hippiness of it all. We are going to squeeze four people, a dog, and associated gear into my car. I'm told the dog just naturally smells bad, so I'm looking forward to that. I haven't used any of my camping gear in maybe two years, so I'm also hoping there are no holes in the tent or that my stove doesn't blow up.

I planned this trip about two months ago, before I knew what my class schedule would really look like. I think Sunday night and Monday will be rough playing catch up. Oh well, I desperately need a mini-vacation, and I'm glad I won't be spending another Sunday afternoon studying at San Fransisco Coffee, which is the best coffee house in town even if the parking lot in the front angers me every time I go there. (Seriously, would it have been that hard to put the parking in the back?) I'll get to dive into some spreadsheets and some marketing research when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.