Thursday, July 10, 2008

That's gotta sting

I typically want to stay away from partisan politics here. I think it is pretty obvious where I stand on most issues, but I want to discuss politics from a neutral or city-centric angle. I am concerned with what is best for the City of Atlanta. I am quite the political junkie, but I have tried to keep the partisan vitriol away from Terminal Station. So this post on national politics will be a bit of a rarity.

Has anyone noticed how toxic Jesse Jackson has become? Well, certain political orientations have always had a problem with Jesse, but this next item surprised even me.

Apparently he made some crude remarks about Barack Obama (""See, Barack's been talking down to black people ... I want to cut his nuts off."). Well, he apologized, but the remarks prompted this:
Jackson's son, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. of Illinois -- co-chair of Obama's presidential campaign -- publicly blasted his father's comments Wednesday.

"I'm deeply outraged and disappointed in Rev. Jackson's reckless statements about Sen. Barack Obama," the younger Jackson said. "His divisive and demeaning comments about the presumptive Democratic nominee -- and I believe the next president of the United States -- contradict his inspiring and courageous career."

Jackson Jr. added that he'll "always love" his father. But, he said, "I thoroughly reject and repudiate his ugly rhetoric."
That's his son! His son has to "rejects and repudiates"! And denounces, too, I'm sure. Ouch. Also, "Rev. Jackson"?

1 comment:

  1. Yes I've noticed how irrelevant he's become.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.