Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Absurdities

Light posting today, because I have a test. I don't do much "drive-by blogging" where I just link to stuff and don't comment, but I wanted to pass along this great line from CL highlighting the absurdity of our gun laws (and also of MARTA ticketing policy):

Imagine if someone with a firearms license walked onto a MARTA train with a shotgun. He couldn't be arrested, even though someone can be ticketed for eating on a train.

"So I just want to be clear," I asked MARTA police Chief Wanda Dunham. "If I had a turkey sandwich in one hand and a gun in the other hand, MARTA police would ticket me for the turkey sandwich?"

"If you're eating it," she replied. "Only if you're eating it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.