Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday real estate round-up

So I've been pretty busy with work the last week or so, and I seem to have hit the first real "dead spot" in the blogging. I'm just not terribly motivated today to put up interesting content. But, I've been pretty good about posting at least once a day so far, so I'm going to try and keep it up.
  • A weekend item in the AJC about the transformation at GSU and other urban colleges over the past 10 years or so. It hits some of the same notes as my previous post on the topic.

  • MARTA is considering RFPs for transit-oriented developments at the Brookhaven, Lenox, and North Ave. stations. I drove by the Inman Park station Sunday and thought, "why not here?" Indeed, why not there?

  • Apartment rents should be breaking $2/sf soon. That would run you $1,400 for a decent sized one-bedroom apartment. While I think that there is a market for high-end units at that price, I wonder how large that market is. I know of a lot of developments that are really pushing the envelope on their rent assumptions. There are still lots of good deals in town at $1.10 - $1.25/sf, or lower if you hunt for it.
Maybe I'll find something to rant about today, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.